Election 2012: We recommend ...
Here's a recap of our endorsements for Tuesday's general election:
• For president: Republican Mitt Romney
• For U.S. Senate, Pa.: Democrat Bob Casey Jr.
• For U.S. Senate, Ohio: Republican Josh Mandel
• For U.S. Senate, W.Va.: Republican John Raese
• For U.S. House, Pa.:
3rd Congressional District: Republican Mike Kelly
9th Congressional District: Republican Bill Shuster
12th Congressional District: Either Republican Keith Rothfus or Democrat Mark Critz
14th Congressional District: Republican Hans Lessmann
18th Congressional District: No endorsement
• For U.S. House, Ohio: 6th Congressional District: Republican Bill Johnson
• For U.S. House, W.Va.: 1st Congressional District: Republican David McKinley
• For Pennsylvania row offices:
Attorney general: Republican David Freed
Auditor general: Republican John Maher
Treasurer: Republican Diana Irey-Vaughan
The polls are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Tuesday. VOTE!
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- Laurels & Lances
- Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
- On Independence eve: Defending liberty
- McKeesport Tuesday Takes
- Apple Music & Taylor Swift: A good & timely lesson
- Alle-Kiski Tuesday takes
- Collaring the EPA: Hold the cigars
- The overtime proposal: Regressive economics
- Confusion resolved: Go River Hawks