Published: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 8:56 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Gun sales surged after the Newtown, Conn., massacre out of fear that governments at all levels would attempt to impose new firearms restrictions. Now that it's clear that's the case, gun sales will surge even more. As is usually the case, when government “acts,” the result usually is the exact opposite of what it intended. ... Pravda (yes, that Pravda) columnist Stanislav Mishin reminds that Russia was once one of the most heavily armed societies on Earth. Of course, then the Reds weaseled their way into power, disarmed the people, and the rest is murderous history. We wonder how many anti-gun zealots in this country understand that history. ... One of history's greatest economists died last week. James Buchanan proved that governments that spend themselves silly (with your money, of course,) are not immune to the consequences of such impunity. Now, that's common sense to most of us. But remember, common sense is the first casualty of Leviathan government.
- The IRS hearing: And the nation gasped
- Go with the flow
- The primary: Time for some pruning
- The Benghazi scandal: Obama’s buck
- Saturday essay: Banana bike curls
- An inconvenient truth: The CO2 scare
- For Westmoreland County Common Pleas judge: Vote for Bill McCabe
- Primary 2013: Elect Sue Means
- The IRS attacks: A scandal grows
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- Primary 2013: 4 for Common Pleas
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.