Alle-Kiski Tuesday takes
Published: Monday, February 4, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Say what?: We're not sure what's more outrageous — the sweetheart hiring of Vince Gastgeb, an Allegheny County councilman and a frozen and packaged foods salesman, for the newly created position of director of corporate and community relations at the county Airport Authority or his insistence, and that of council's counsel, Jack Cambest, that the county Home Rule Charter does not clearly prohibit Mr. Gastgeb from continuing in his council role — a gross conflict of interest — when clearly it does.
This is the kind of nonsense that gives government a bad name.
Careful with computer: For the second time in the past month, a laptop computer caused a house fire, this time in a New Kensington home. People need to remember to not leave their laptop on or charging unless its vent for cooling is clear. It's also not a good idea to leave a laptop on a couch or a bed.
Congrats!: The Burrell wrestling team won its seventh consecutive WPIAL championship last weekend. That's an amazing run.There are currently no comments for this story.
- Disserving Pennsylvania: Last call
- The Thursday wrap
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- Stop! Thief! State legislators feed twice at the taxpayer trough
- The other Islamist threat: Looting history
- A stagnant ‘pool’
- Iran’s president-elect is an odd ‘moderate’
- Fisher v. Texas: End racial preferences
- Pittsburgh Tuesday takes
- The Veterans Affairs/Legionella mess: It grows & grows ...
- Greensburg Tuesday takes