Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
Lance: To Penneco. The Delmont company arrogantly decided it wouldn't wait for Upper Burrell to approve its request to drill wells in the township and did so for a month without permits. But if the company wants to show it's “not hostile” to the township — as Penneco's representative told us — then it should've waited for the permits to actually be issued, which they eventually were. If the Marcellus industry wonders why people remain wary of drilling/fracking, incidents like this are a good example.
Laurel: To Westmoreland County Sheriff Jon Held. With gun applications up dramatically in the county, along with residents' questions, Mr. Held conducted a public forum Wednesday to address residents' gun rights. Given the hyperbole from gun grabbers and their media acolytes, a calm, fact-based discussion about guns and citizens' Second Amendment rights is refreshing. And overdue.
Lance: To the Allegheny County Airport Authority. The authority board demotes CEO Brad Penrod for failing to adequately strategize. Then, it names Mr. Penrod to the newly created position of “chief strategy officer” Good grief.
An observation: Want to help out local businesses? Then head to the Strongland HomExpo this weekend at the Pittsburgh Mills mall. The companies at the HomExpo employ your friends and purchase a lot of their goods and services from other local businesses. Remember, buy local.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For U.S. Senate, W.Va.: Elect Shelley Moore Capito
- Monsour’s legacy: A bitter pill
- McCaffery’s suspension: Castille’s concurrence
- U.N. Watch: Gun-grabbers unite!
- For the Pennsylvania House: Ortitay, Krieger and Logan
- Early voting: Hardly healthy
- Mass shootings: Cooked numbers
- Sunday pops
- Connellsville Area’s basketball coach conundrum
- For U.S. House in Ohio & West Virginia: Bill Johnson and David McKinley