Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
On the “Watch List”:
• The Leechburg Area School Board. The board is considering hiring a retired state trooper as an armed guard at its school complex. Our question: When's the last time this guard underwent active training for firing a gun in a combat situation? Regular cops do that training regularly so they don't shoot the good guys, in this case, kids and teachers.
• The Pittsburgh Pirates. Our beloved Bucs have returned to Bradenton, Fla., for another spring training. We'd love to say we think the team's long run of futility will end in 2013, but we've learned not to bet against streaks. In fact, we're planning on meeting the losing streak in October and buying it a drink since it will be turning 21.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- A green-tip assault: ATF’s end run
- The silent treatment in Ford City: Forgotten words
- Saturday essay: Deer of fools
- Seeds of a new endeavor: Connellsville Area Garden Club’s latest plans
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- SCI Greensburg: A dubious deal
- Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances