More sequester lies: Teachers & illegals
Published: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Nowhere are the lies and gutter politics of the Democrats' anti-sequestration campaign laid more bare than with their claims about coming massive teacher layoffs and the release, already, of detained illegal aliens.
• Teachers were at the top of the billing when the Obama administration released, last weekend, its state-by-state propaganda list of what the Republicans' failure to raise taxes yet again would bring.
“Oh, the children!” you could almost hear them say in an Aunt Bee falsetto.
But the simple fact of the matter is that an extraordinarily small percentage of teachers would be affected (if at all). To wit, the “carnage” in Pennsylvania would be just under one-quarter of 1 percent over 10 years.
• Then came word Tuesday that in advance of Friday's sequestration deadline, the Department of Homeland Security, citing “the current fiscal climate,” has released hundreds of illegal aliens.
The local gendarmes in Arizona say their understanding is that DHS plans to release 10,000 illegals.
It's a trumped-up action, purely in pursuit of fueling public outrage, all the while blaming Republicans for refusing to allow the federal government to dive deeper into taxpayers' pockets. Again, it's spurious action taken in advance of 10 years of phased-in cuts.
Obama & Co. keep redefining the word “despicable.”
- Iran’s president-elect is an odd ‘moderate’
- The other Islamist threat: Looting history
- Fisher v. Texas: End racial preferences
- Pittsburgh Tuesday takes
- The Veterans Affairs/Legionella mess: It grows & grows ...
- The Box
- A stagnant ‘pool’
- Stop! Thief! State legislators feed twice at the taxpayer trough
- Greensburg Tuesday takes
- Anonymous Connellsville donors: Money & more
- The Thursday wrap
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.