Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
Published: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 8:55 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, March 7, 2013
Lance (again and again): To the state court system. How many times do judges have to conclude that Michael J. Travaglia had a fair trial on murder charges before his death sentence is carried out? Another death warrant is signed and, the next day , a stay is issued on yet another appeal. Travaglia missed his calling. He should have been a lawyer.
On the “Watch List”:
• The Arnold Stop-n-Go. The city council and police — along with neighbors — want this business to be gone. But that's easy to say, not so easy to do. The store twice has been raided, accused of selling illegal synthetic marijuana. But no verdicts have been rendered and the store continues to sell perfectly legal convenience store items to many law-abiding residents.
• Allegheny County 911. When police can't hear dispatchers on their portable radios, as was the case for almost a week in the county's north zone last month, upgrades clearly are in order. Such changes are on tap in the county's western zone and should be scheduled quickly in the north without the usual political wrangling.
- Medicaid expansion: Corbett’s push-back
- Saturday essay: Passages
- Step up!
- After the primary: Leaders needed
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- ObamaCare lies: Shocking truths
- Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
- Go with the flow
- The primary: Time for some pruning
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- Saturday essay: Banana bike curls
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.