Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
Laurel: To selling high school stadium naming rights. Highlands is the latest district to look into selling the naming rights for its football field, Golden Rams Stadium. Bringing in fresh revenue — a la NexTier Stadium in Seneca Valley — and helping the taxpayers is a good idea. Can anyone say “ATI-Allegheny Ludlum Stadium” or “Gatto Cycle Shop Stadium?”
Lance: To Westmoreland County's former Democrat commissioners' “investment strategy.” That cost the county more than $8 million in losses stemming from a “risky” (to say the least) investment approved five years ago. This so-called “swap option” bet on interest rates rising. Sure, as the nation in early 2008 lunged into a recession. Shrewd.
Congrats (belated): To Dakota DesLauriers of Burrell and Jason Nolf of Kittanning, both of whom capped undefeated wrestling seasons by winning gold medals at the PIAA championships on March 9. Nolf, a junior, will be back next year to seek his third title.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- The Plum sex scandal: New, sad questions
- Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
- The Takata air bags recall: It’s about time
- Hybrid & electric vehicles: Unplugged logic
- Myopic automakers should embrace today’s high-tech gearheads, not attempt to stifle their innovations
- Thugs target Kennywood
- The ‘green’ ruse: Germany’s poor ‘model’
- Greensburg Tuesday takes