Pittsburgh Tuesday takes
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, May 20, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Sominex Syndrome: That seems to be what hit the Pittsburgh Penguins in the third game of their Stanley Cup series with the Ottawa Senators. The Pens were ready to go up three games to none in the best-of-seven series — just under 90 seconds remained, they led 1-0, and they were a man up on a power play. Then the Senators caught the Pens popping Sominex tablets, tied it up and went on to win 2-1 in double overtime. Game four is Wednesday night in Ottawa. Might we suggest a power drink or two?
Ready, set, launch!: Just in time for the Memorial Day weekend, it's National Safe Boating Week. And with Allegheny County among the highest in the nation for registered boats, it's a great opportunity to run down the Coast Guard checklist of safe-boating practices. Among the most common violations — malfunctioning lights and life vests still wrapped in plastic. Enjoy the water — safely.
Ready, set, fly!: Speaking of Memorial Day, isn't it about time you went to the basement to find Old Glory? It's the perfect way to show that you solemnly remember those who gave their last full measure in defense of the liberties we enjoy today. Yes, find your Stars and Stripes today, make sure it's in good working order — neither soiled nor torn — and fly it high and proud.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Saturday essay: Resurrection
- Easter 2014: Churches’ vital role
- Keystone caper: Pipeline politics
- All taken seriously
- Liquor privatization: Now’s the time
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- Saturday essay: Deck of dreams
- Springtime in Connellsville: A destination we call home
- Extend jobless benefits? It’s counterproductive