Alle-Kiski Tuesday takes
Go vote: Roughly 20 to 25 percent of those eligible to vote will show up at the polls today. Those few people may well decide who is responsible for educating your children, paving your streets and generally affecting your life daily. Think your vote matters little? Think again. In 2009, four significant local races were decided by 10 votes or fewer.
Ready, set, launch!: Just in time for the Memorial Day weekend, it's National Safe Boating Week. And for the many Alle-Kiski Valley recreational boaters putting in for the first time this weekend, it's a great opportunity to run down the Coast Guard checklist of safe-boating practices. Among the most common violations — malfunctioning lights and life vests still wrapped in plastic. Enjoy the water — safely.
Sominex Syndrome: That seems to be what hit the Pittsburgh Penguins in the third game of their Stanley Cup series with the Ottawa Senators. The Pens were ready to go up three games to none in the best-of-seven series — just under 90 seconds remained, they led 1-0, and they were a man up on a power play. Then the Senators caught the Pens popping Sominex tablets, tied it up and went on to win 2-1 in double overtime. Game four is Wednesday night in Ottawa. Might we suggest a power drink or two?
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- A green-tip assault: ATF’s end run
- The silent treatment in Ford City: Forgotten words
- Saturday essay: Deer of fools
- Seeds of a new endeavor: Connellsville Area Garden Club’s latest plans
- SCI Greensburg: A dubious deal
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- Pittsburgh Tuesday takes
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- The Pennsylvania Legislature’s slush fund
- Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances