Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
Laurel: To Leechburg voters. We were pleased to see the voters looked at political operative Chuck Pascal's attempt to run for three local offices and turned their noses up and their thumbs down. Pascal lost his run for mayor. And he also finished last on the ballot for school board and council. Unfortunately, he'll most likely be elected to both in the fall because there were only as many people running as there were open seats. Pascal will have to resign from one.
Laurel: To flag-fliers: With the Memorial Day weekend upon us, isn't it time to pull out Old Glory? It's the perfect way to show that you solemnly remember those who gave their last full measure in defense of the liberties we enjoy today. Find your Stars and Stripes today, make sure it's in good working order — neither soiled nor torn — and fly it high and proud.
An observation: The Westmoreland County Democratic Party's inexorable march toward irrelevance continues. These pathetic politicos had the best candidate for judge in Bill McCabe in Tuesday's primary facing two Republicans. But despite their “best efforts,” Dem Chairman Dante Bertani's gang couldn't get McCabe nominated to the Dem ballot in the fall. The incumbent Democrat row officers, Prothonotary Christina O'Brien, District Attorney John Peck and Coroner Ken Bacha, should start worrying about November.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- For the Pennsylvania House: Ortitay, Krieger and Logan
- U.N. Watch: Gun-grabbers unite!
- Early voting: Hardly healthy
- The Paycheck Fairness Act: It’s not needed
- Sunday pops
- Tom Wolf & taxes: Let’s get ‘granular’
- The Fast & Furious scandal: Sunshine ahead?
- Promoting Armstrong County: A cruise & a good cause
- Connellsville Area’s basketball coach conundrum
- Mass shootings: Cooked numbers
- Philly’s schools: The real injustice