Pittsburgh Tuesday takes
Outrageous omission: There was no mention of the deadly Legionnaires' disease outbreak in the glowing fiscal 2012 job evaluation of Terry Wolf, the director of the VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System. She was rated highly for leading change and people, building coalitions, demonstrating business acumen and driving results, the Trib learned. Sounds as if Veterans Affairs needs to re-evaluate its evaluation system.
It's hot, hot, hot: The first heat wave of the summer is upon us. The pools are open as are the cooling centers. Stay hydrated, avoid alcohol and don't open fire hydrants. Wear loose-fitting clothing (within reason, of course). And don't forget your favorite canines and felines; treat them to plenty of water. Now, there are showers and thundershowers in the forecast this week. And while we can use the rain, that's likely to keep humidity levels high. Be careful out there.
Chesney woes: Public safety officials had their hands full during the Kenny Chesney concert Saturday in and around Heinz Field. More than 70 people were cited or arrested. There were 10 large fights and even a robbery. There was underage drinking, public urination, at least 45 people were taken to hospitals and tons and tons of garbage were left behind. Some fun. We're sure paramedics and police can't wait for Debauchery Tour 2014.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- State tour touts Auberle facility
- Duquesne hearing clears way for TIF extension
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Coach’s firing causes ruckus in Steel Valley
- Morton, Pirates blank Red Sox in series opener
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Gorman: Quitting not the answer
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Shoop’s preparation, expertise trickles down to Penn State defense
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle quiet on rotation plans