President Obama violated the law when he arbitrarily delayed — for one year and because it's such a mess — the “employer mandate” part of ObamaCare. Yet presidential mouthpiece Jay Carney labels those who've called out the administration “willfully ignorant” of how things operate in Washington. Au contraire, Mr. Dissembler. Only Congress has the power to amend its laws, which scared the administration witless (ahem). Going back to Congress would have opened a door for ObamaCare's outright repeal. ... Judicial Watch says documents it obtained under the Freedom of Information Act suggest that the Justice Department helped organize and manage rallies and protests against George Zimmerman, Trayvon Martin's accused killer, last year. Judicial Watch says Justice's Community Relations Service “actively worked to foment unrest” and even trained protesters. Talk about an injustice. Talk about race-baiting. ... Gun violence has become so bad in Chicago — home to 74 shootings during the Fourth of July weekend in which 12 died — one Democrat state representative has asked Gov. Patrick Quinn, also a Democrat, to call in the National Guard and Illinois State Police. Oh, we forgot to mention that Chicago has some of the toughest gun-control laws in America. ... Precious headline of the week, from The New York Times: “Taliban spokesman is ousted for ‘creating mistrust.'” Ha!
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wiretapping? Not so fast
- Serving justice in two corners of Pennsylvania
- Saturday essay: A gravy’s journey
- Election Day 2014: Vote!
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- The Wounded Warrior scandal: Fire Philip Burdette
- For Pennsylvania governor: Re-elect Tom Corbett
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- Pa. grants & tax credits: Two messes involving taxpayer underwriting of the movie industry demand a thorough investigation
- Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances