Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
Lance: To Chuck Pascal. The Democrat former Leechburg mayor and school board member ran for three offices in the primary, winning nominations to borough council, which he declined, and school board. Said Pascal: “The whole purpose of running for multiple offices was to hold the ability for the party to nominate people who we found who are interested after the deadline to file for the primary.” May the voters treat you and your cronies on Election Day with the same respect you showed them.
Lance: To Oakmont Council. They met privately Monday to discuss what kinds of restrictions they want to impose on Speedway's plan to build a gas station on Hulton Road. They say they have the weight of a Commonwealth Court ruling in favor of the closed meeting. But we wonder what could be so secret about a conditional use permit for a gas station.
Best wishes: To the Penguins. Lost in the success of the Pirates and the collapse of the Steelers have been the Penguins, who opened their season Thursday night against New Jersey at the Consol Energy Center. The Mighty 'Guins hope to overcome their own collapse in last year's playoffs as they take another run at Lord Stanley's cup. And, at least right now, they'll be challenged by the availability of only one seasoned goaltender because of Tomas Vokoun's injury. Nevertheless, here's to the first of many “Heys!”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- The Chevy Volt: Short-circuited (again)
- Saturday essay: Beds of surprises
- Payments in lieu of taxes: It’s worth a try in Kittanning
- Fayette County Fair: More than rides & shows
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- Digitized medical records: They’ve become an unsecured threat
- The flood of illegals: Misplaced blame
- The Moody’s downgrade: Inaction’s price
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- The Corbett administration gives itself a headache with selective transparency
- An ObamaCare ‘re-do’?