Alle-Kiski Tuesday takes
Good luck: We assume new Springdale Police Chief Julio Medeiros III, whose first day on the job is today, knew he was taking over a department that has seen some major problems before actually coming here from South Dakota. Making sure his officers stay out of trouble should be his first order of business. In the past two years, three officers got into serious trouble, including Officer David Walton, who was suspended last week for allegedly having sex with a girl in his patrol car.
Move forward: We're glad Lower Burrell and the owner of its largest vacant commercial property, The Widewaters Group, avoided a lawsuit and reached an agreement for the company to fix up the former Penney and Montgomery Wards stores. We've seen in other towns absentee owners allow these properties to become dilapidated and, for the most part, there really isn't much a municipality can do. Now, let's see the work to upgrade the Leechburg Road property completed and an effort to market it in earnest started.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Greensburg Tuesday takes
- Palmer v. District of Columbia: Upholding the 2nd Amendment
- Pittsburgh Tuesday takes
- Alle-Kiski Tuesday takes
- Payments in lieu of taxes: It’s worth a try in Kittanning
- The Justice Department’s improper political agenda
- The Chevy Volt: Short-circuited (again)
- Digitized medical records: They’ve become an unsecured threat
- Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
- Benghazi deceits: Evidence mounts
- Sunday pops