For Allegheny County Council: Elect Baker, Kress, Majernik & Peoples
Allegheny County Council isn't quite the Democrat monopoly that Pittsburgh City Council is — but it's close. Time to remove the rubber stamps and beef up the Republican ranks:
• District 1: Tom Baker of Ross, chief community affairs officer for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh, is the kind of limited-government candidate in short supply on too many councils.
• District 3: Ed Kress of Shaler, a lawyer, twice has been appointed to the council to fill vacancies; it's time he be sent there by the voters.
• District 8: Dave Majernik of Plum, a retired software engineer, will breathe new life into a district ossified by the same dinosaur Democrat for 13 years.
• District 9: Kenneth Peoples of White Oak, an EMT and real estate agent, holds the audacious view that the county spends too much. Audacious, that is, only to the incumbent spendthrift.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pipeline pap: The real agenda
- Saturday essay: Waltz of the robins
- Volunteers’ contributions: Growing flowers & more in Connellsville
- The ‘green’ ruse: Germany’s poor ‘model’
- Messrs. Tremba, Haggerty & Molinaro: Connellsville mourns
- Taming the Pa. Legislature: Start with abiding by Article II, Section 8
- Sunday pops
- The Box
- Primary 2015: Trib Total Media endorsements for Tuesday’s primary
- Benghazi: The gun smokes
- Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances