When he couldn't come up with a credible answer to a most legitimate question about ObamaCare's rollout failure from ABC's Jonathan Karl, President Obama's press secretary, Jay Carney, mocked Mr. Karl's vocal inflections and body language. For that, Mr. Carney wins the “Snot of the Week Award.” Pass the man a tissue. He's embarrassing himself. ... Pinocchio Test master Glenn Kessler of The Washington Post has given three of the longish wooden noses of fib to the Obama administration for its contention that insurance companies, and not ObamaCare, are to blame for those losing their health coverage. If the lies and contradictions keep up, America will be deforested by the end of the year. ... The Washington Post reports Al Jazeera is paying for hotel suites for the exiled senior leaders of Egypt's Muslim Brotherhood. So much for it being an objective news source. ... A Common Core curriculum exercise ostensibly designed to help fifth-graders write more concisely is nothing more than socialistic indoctrination. Reads one sentence to be tightened: “The wants of the individual are less important than the well-being of the nation.” Reads another: “The commands of government officials must be obeyed by all.” Good grief. Who comes up with this garbage, the old Soviet Politburo?
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McCaffery’s suspension: Castille’s concurrence
- For U.S. House in Ohio & West Virginia: Bill Johnson and David McKinley
- U.N. Watch: Gun-grabbers unite!
- For the Pennsylvania House: Ortitay, Krieger and Logan
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- Early voting: Hardly healthy
- Mass shootings: Cooked numbers
- The problem with WQED: Fat at the top
- Connellsville Area’s basketball coach conundrum
- The Penguins’ TIF
- Tom Wolf & taxes: Let’s get ‘granular’