An American Enterprise Institute analysis estimates that 50 million to 100 million additional insurance policies will be canceled next fall because of ObamaCare. The think tank says those will come primarily among small businesses. Expect the Obama administration to spin such a development as a “failure” of the insurance market that can only be “fixed” with a single-payer, totally socialist model. Which is great — as long as nobody requires medical care. ... Ayo Kimathi, that Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent suspended several months ago for calling for the “ethnic cleansing” of “black-skinned Uncle Tom race traitors,” has not been fired and remains on the ICE payroll at nearly $116,000 annually, The Washington Times reports. We report, you deride. ... Boeing says it will move part of its 777X model jet construction out of Washington state after a union rejected cost-saving measures. Shortly thereafter, socialist Seattle City Council member-elect Kshama Sawant urged Boeing workers to seize Boeing's factories. More mush for brains. ... Beginning Jan. 1, gun owners in Washington, D.C., with weapons registered before 2011 will have to re-register their guns, at $13 a pop, and have their photographs and fingerprints taken. A registration card will be made for each firearm. Two thoughts: The Founders and Framers surely are turning in their graves. And, gee, wonder how many criminals will show up?
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Saturday essay: Change in the air
- Connellsville bright spots, but more work needed
- The Gulftainer deal: Ports of peril?
- The Box
- The House lawsuit: Necessary & proper
- The Justice Department’s improper political agenda
- The Thursday wrap
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- Palmer v. District of Columbia: Upholding the 2nd Amendment
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- The Western Psych grand jury report: Do the right thing