Christmas in Connellsville: Catch the spirit
Come celebrate Christmas in Connellsville.
Today through Sunday, the reason for the season will be evident throughout town as Downtown Connellsville presents It's a Connellsville Christmas.
So many are involved in this year's event.
Local businesses have opened their doors to allow nonprofits to sell cookies to help raise funds. There will be various events at Carnegie Free Library, the Connellsville Community Center and at Artworks.
And as Connellsville is rich in religious history, various churches will open their doors for tours and other events. The Connellsville Area Community Ministries has joined forces with the Connellsville Ministerial Association in hosting a live Nativity.
In addition, “Oh Come Let Us Adore Him,” a display of creches, Nativities and angels, is scheduled Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 3 p.m. at the Presbyterian Church.
Indeed, the whole town is involved. This is definitely a community event.
We urge residents to support It's a Connellsville Christmas, and we encourage the community to support local businesses, the library and the community center, as well as the nonprofits and other participants.
Community activities such as these are important. They bring people together and help the city thrive. They blend together the threads that bind the community.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Myopic automakers should embrace today’s high-tech gearheads, not attempt to stifle their innovations
- Sunday pops
- Not even a ‘trickle’ of sound economics
- Armstrong County Laurels & Lances
- Saturday essay: Cruel civilities
- Obama’s problem: He denies reality
- The Box
- The gathering storm: An IRS defeat
- Auberle continues to heal
- The DEA scandal: Larger issues
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances