Gift Club success: Connellsville cares
In these uncertain times, there is one thing we know with certainty — Fay-West residents have big hearts.
That was evident this year as residents pitched in to help the Daily Courier's annual Gift Club, which once again was successful.
Daily Courier Gift Club members have warm, generous hearts as evidenced by the amount of toys donated to the U.S. Marine Corps' Toys for Tots program.
The lobby of the Daily Courier was filled with a variety of toys — new dolls, stuffed animals, bicycles, games and more. All these were given to the Toys for Tots program.
Year after year, our readers demonstrate how rich the Fay-West area really is in its generous, caring people. What a shining example of goodness and generosity.
We thank everyone who contributed toys, which no doubt helped many local children enjoy a wonderful Christmas morning. And we applaud the U.S. Marine Corps and its volunteers for the Toys for Tots initiative.
Now, let's keep the giving and loving spirit alive throughout the new year in the Fay-West region.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Chryst named football coach at Wisconsin; Pitt AD Pederson fired
- Steelers notebook: Brown leads WRs in Pro Bowl voting, Bell 2nd at RB
- Regional public data center work underway with help from foundation’s $1.8M
- Son charged in dismemberment death of Penn Hills couple
- Parent finds body in parking lot of Stanton Heights elementary school, prompting lockdown
- With 3 more players possibly affected, Penguins’ fight against mumps escalates
- Penguins notebook: Kunitz tests foot by skating during practice
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Fed emphasizes patient approach on rate increases
- Allegheny County controller plans return to office Monday following surgery
- ‘Gotham’ actor: Fear of being on thin ice motivates Penguin