The Thursday wrap
Writing at commentarymagazine.com, John Podhoretz puts into perfect perspective feeble attempts by “progressives” to spin the Congressional Budget Office's finding that ObamaCare is a disincentive to work: “(T)wo million (people) ... will leave work voluntarily because the deal they get from the government for not working is too good to pass up. That's a better argument?” ... There's another way to look at the deleterious economic effects of ObamaCare. Republicans on the Senate Budget Committee, using CBO data, say the health care law “will reduce compensation by more than $1 trillion between 2017 and 2024,” reports The Weekly Standard. And the largest decline is expected among lower-wage workers. Another “progressive solution,” eh? ... You might have heard about that terrorist in Baghdad who, instructing fellow terrorists how to make car bombs, accidently set off some explosives and killed 21 would-be bombardiers in the process. We've had no report if the 21 dead were met by 1,512 virgins in heaven.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- Greensburg Tuesday takes
- For U.S. House, Pa.: Re-elect Rothfus, Shuster, Kelly & Barletta
- Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
- Monsour’s legacy: A bitter pill
- For U.S. Senate, W.Va.: Elect Shelley Moore Capito
- U.N. Watch: Gun-grabbers unite!
- For U.S. House in Ohio & West Virginia: Bill Johnson and David McKinley
- Sunday pops
- Mass shootings: Cooked numbers