Alle-Kiski Tuesday takes
Proposal for Prospect: When ATI asked Brackenridge in 2008 to give up a tiny — but crucial — sliver of land for its new steel mill, the borough could've held the plant hostage. But it didn't, noting how the mill will benefit the region. Now Brackenridge faces taking on the financial burden of maintaining Prospect Cemetery and has asked its neighboring communities for help. Given the shared history in that cemetery, is there really a good reason Fawn, Tarentum and Harrison officials shouldn't help?
A pain in the elbow: The bad news is that top Pirates pitching prospect Jameson Taillon is out for the season and possibly part of next because he must undergo Tommy John surgery on his right elbow. The good news for Mr. Taillon, however, is that players who undergo the procedure often come back better than ever. Here's to a successful and on-time rehab.
Congrats!: Sal Patitucci is celebrating 50 years on the radio. Sal started with the old WKPA-AM station in New Kensington in 1964 and hasn't quit. The Aspinwall resident's show, “Radio Italia,” airs Monday through Saturday afternoons on WEDO, 810 AM out of McKeesport. It's one of the few Italian-language shows on the radio in the U.S.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- For U.S. House, Pa.: Re-elect Rothfus, Shuster, Kelly & Barletta
- Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
- Alle-Kiski Tuesday takes
- For U.S. Senate, W.Va.: Elect Shelley Moore Capito
- U.N. Watch: Gun-grabbers unite!
- For the Pennsylvania House: Ortitay, Krieger and Logan
- Monsour’s legacy: A bitter pill