Alle-Kiski Laurels & Lances
An observation: It's a sad, sad commentary on modern society when the foolish compilation of a “hit list” by a pair of brainless pre-teen girls at Colfax Elementary wastes so much time and energy of the Allegheny Valley School District and the Springdale police.
Laurel: The New Kensington Rotary. The club's hallmark project is promoting literacy, including the current book fair providing two books to every third-grader in the New Kensington-Arnold School District and Mary Queen of Apostles school. Keep up the good work.
On the ‘Watch List':
• The United Way of Butler County. The charitable organization is looking at a $200,000 deficit — more than 12 percent — in its 2013-14 fundraising campaign. Blame is being placed on major shortfalls at two unidentified companies. Officials say coming in under goal isn't a dire situation, but ...
• A grocery store for Cheswick. Local mover-shaker Brian Clark has purchased the run-down Cheswick Shopping Center and is looking to redevelop the property, including a grocery store. The site's history includes many years in which a supermarket was the anchor. This would be a fine addition for that part of the Alle-Kiski Valley.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Work’s the thing
- Confidentiality & carnage: Something has to give
- Orphan sinkhole
- Pittsburgh Tuesday takes
- ‘Canary in a coal mine’: The SSDI dilemma
- The student-loan balloon
- Greensburg Tuesday takes
- Mon-Yough Laurels & Lances
- The Connellsville WCVI building: Another fine mess
- Pittsburgh Laurels & Lances
- Kittanning Council conundrum: Why disband authority?