• Highmark. Out of the blue (at least to the general public), the health insurance giant this week gave the boot to CEO William Winkenwerder, on the job less than two years. He was brought in after the Ken Melani mess. It was in June 2012 that Highmark board chairman J. Robert Baum said Mr. W. had “all of the attributes that we were looking for in a new CEO.” Hey, things change, right? The big question now is if the boot is golden: How much is Winkenwerder being paid to depart?
• David Holmberg. He's Winkenwerder's successor. Mr. Baum says Mr. Holmberg “will be the right leader at the right time to accelerate the transformation of our organization.” Until it's determined that he isn't, that is. Can he last more than 22 months?
• Frank C. Mosesso. On paid leave as police chief in Mt. Oliver since an October 2012 shoulder injury, he's now charged with using department checks to pay private bills and writing checks for cash. Mr. Mosesso says the money was used for police equipment and training. But police say he paid personal credit card bills and an electric bill, among other things. The major question that comes to mind, of course: Where was the oversight?
An exhortation: The Memorial Day weekend is upon us. Have a flag? Fly it. Don't have a flag? Buy it. It's the least you can do to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice, one that allows all of us to enjoy the freedoms we have today.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.