Blaming Israel: A new low
The blame-Israel anti-Semitism of the duplicitously named United Nations Human Rights Council (HRC) and the intellectually and morally bankrupt Western academics of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement remains as predictable — and as vile — as ever.
The U.K.'s Express newspaper reports that during an “emergency” HRC session in Geneva — convened at the behest of Palestinians and Egyptians and boycotted by Israel — Navi Pillay, the U.N. high commissioner for human rights, warned that the Jewish state's self-defensive incursion into Hamas-controlled Gaza will be investigated for war crimes. That's brazen hypocrisy from a panel that includes notorious human-rights violators China, Cuba, Russia and Saudi Arabia — and blames Israel at every turn.
BDS criticism of Israel's Gaza operations is just as far off the mark in demanding “a proportionality in asymmetrical warfare that only means one thing: that not enough Jews are being killed,” Phyllis Chesler writes for Breitbart. She notes that blame-Israel BDS voices “only howl in rage when Jews kill Muslim terrorists in self-defense and in defense of Israeli civilians,” ignoring Muslims killing Muslims and Christians — and Hamas' use of Gaza's civilians, schools, hospitals and homes to shield its terrorists and weapons.
Anti-Semitic Hamas and its enablers are to blame for Gaza's plight — not Israel, which is defending its very existence.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- The Box
- For Pennsylvania governor: Re-elect Tom Corbett
- Halloween 2014: Have fun but be safe
- U.N. Watch: Gun-grabbers unite!
- For U.S. House, Pa.: Re-elect Rothfus, Shuster, Kelly & Barletta
- McCaffery’s suspension: Castille’s concurrence
- The Paycheck Fairness Act: It’s not needed
- Greensburg Laurels & Lances
- For U.S. House in Ohio & West Virginia: Bill Johnson and David McKinley
- Mass shootings: Cooked numbers
- For the Pennsylvania House: Ortitay, Krieger and Logan