This week @ the World Affairs Council
• Dr. Alsaghira Al Ahbabi, second secretary of the political department of the United Arab Emirates Embassy in Washington, D.C., and Saud H. Al Nouwais, the UAE Embassy's commercial counselor, discuss “Small but Mighty: The United Arab Emirates and the Nexus of Geopolitics” via videoconference. Tuesday, 8 a.m., Rivers Club, 301 Grant St., Pittsburgh.
• Dr. Timothy Docking, who leads IBM's Emerging Markets Funding Group, Dr. J. Peter Pham, director of the Atlantic Council's Michael S. Ansari Africa Center, and Dr. Louis A. Picard, director of the University of Pittsburgh's Ford Institute for Human Security, discuss “Does the Maghreb Matter? Building Peace Through Economic Development.” Wednesday, 6 p.m., Bricolage, 937 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh.
For more information about these and other programs, contact the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh (412-281-1259 or worldpittsburgh.org).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates lose on late Cardinals rally
- Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Pirates notebook: Sanchez returns to Bucs in offensive slump
- Steelers formalize practice squad
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance
- Steelers know fast start could be key to upcoming season
- Family of Children’s Hospital transplant baby urges feds to change cochlear implants policy
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Connellsville Mum Festival to be held Saturday
- On border of Westmoreland, Fayette, Jacobs Creek section is sacred spot
- Scientists dismiss dire outlook for Western Pennsylvania winter weather