This week @ the World Affairs Council
• Dr. Alsaghira Al Ahbabi, second secretary of the political department of the United Arab Emirates Embassy in Washington, D.C., and Saud H. Al Nouwais, the UAE Embassy's commercial counselor, discuss “Small but Mighty: The United Arab Emirates and the Nexus of Geopolitics” via videoconference. Tuesday, 8 a.m., Rivers Club, 301 Grant St., Pittsburgh.
• Dr. Timothy Docking, who leads IBM's Emerging Markets Funding Group, Dr. J. Peter Pham, director of the Atlantic Council's Michael S. Ansari Africa Center, and Dr. Louis A. Picard, director of the University of Pittsburgh's Ford Institute for Human Security, discuss “Does the Maghreb Matter? Building Peace Through Economic Development.” Wednesday, 6 p.m., Bricolage, 937 Liberty Ave., Pittsburgh.
For more information about these and other programs, contact the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh (412-281-1259 or worldpittsburgh.org).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Seven in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Bill Clinton to campaign next week for Tom Wolf in Pittsburgh
- Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic High School has interim principal
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Chevron’s $20M to improve Pennsylvania workforce
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Natrona Bottling Co. keeps soda pop operation focused on craft, taste