“Freedom still thrives in this country and we are not about to surrender our liberties and our heritage by going overboard in pursuit of safety.”
— Boston Globe columnist Jeff Jacoby, on the proper response to the Boston Marathon bombings.
“Now do you think we need a death penalty here in Massachusetts?”
— Boston Herald columnist Howie Carr, on “the only justice” for the Boston bomber.
“‘Global warming' begat ‘climate change,' which eventually begat ‘climate chaos,' once tornadoes, hurricanes and tsunamis had to be enlisted in the good fight — given that there was no proof of rising temperatures in the last decade, and even the specter of melting polar ice caps, rising seas and drowning polar bears had not proved enough to scare the public into banning coal or enacting cap-and-trade.”
— Victor Davis Hanson, writing in National Review Online.
“(T)he number of people hit by ObamaCare's Medicare surcharge will double every 16 years.”
— John Merline, writing in Investor's Business Daily
“Like a determined housewife faced with domestic anarchy, she went about setting the country right.”
— Christina Hoff Sommer, writing in The American, on the legacy of Margaret Thatcher.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Suspended Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice McCaffery won’t be charged over wife’s referral fees
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Bill that would end district-level review of homeschooling in Pennsylvania goes to Corbett
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of costing residents thousands, viewing porn on the job
- Roundup: Alcoa sells stake in South Carolina smelter; Workers at U.S. Steel plant approve contract; more
- A-K Valley football notebook: Christy has best of both worlds as coach, father
- The real Captain Phillips brings story of piracy to St. Vincent College
- Federal grand jury reviewing Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board violations, sources tell Trib
- For U.S. House, Pa.: Re-elect Rothfus, Shuster, Kelly & Barletta
- Working hard in fast food