“Freedom still thrives in this country and we are not about to surrender our liberties and our heritage by going overboard in pursuit of safety.”
— Boston Globe columnist Jeff Jacoby, on the proper response to the Boston Marathon bombings.
“Now do you think we need a death penalty here in Massachusetts?”
— Boston Herald columnist Howie Carr, on “the only justice” for the Boston bomber.
“‘Global warming' begat ‘climate change,' which eventually begat ‘climate chaos,' once tornadoes, hurricanes and tsunamis had to be enlisted in the good fight — given that there was no proof of rising temperatures in the last decade, and even the specter of melting polar ice caps, rising seas and drowning polar bears had not proved enough to scare the public into banning coal or enacting cap-and-trade.”
— Victor Davis Hanson, writing in National Review Online.
“(T)he number of people hit by ObamaCare's Medicare surcharge will double every 16 years.”
— John Merline, writing in Investor's Business Daily
“Like a determined housewife faced with domestic anarchy, she went about setting the country right.”
— Christina Hoff Sommer, writing in The American, on the legacy of Margaret Thatcher.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Starkey: Pitt does its duty
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Parade of Mustangs to kick off Connellsville’s Mum Festival
- Allegheny County’s crime lab ranks up there with world’s best
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement