“Freedom still thrives in this country and we are not about to surrender our liberties and our heritage by going overboard in pursuit of safety.”
— Boston Globe columnist Jeff Jacoby, on the proper response to the Boston Marathon bombings.
“Now do you think we need a death penalty here in Massachusetts?”
— Boston Herald columnist Howie Carr, on “the only justice” for the Boston bomber.
“‘Global warming' begat ‘climate change,' which eventually begat ‘climate chaos,' once tornadoes, hurricanes and tsunamis had to be enlisted in the good fight — given that there was no proof of rising temperatures in the last decade, and even the specter of melting polar ice caps, rising seas and drowning polar bears had not proved enough to scare the public into banning coal or enacting cap-and-trade.”
— Victor Davis Hanson, writing in National Review Online.
“(T)he number of people hit by ObamaCare's Medicare surcharge will double every 16 years.”
— John Merline, writing in Investor's Business Daily
“Like a determined housewife faced with domestic anarchy, she went about setting the country right.”
— Christina Hoff Sommer, writing in The American, on the legacy of Margaret Thatcher.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates analyst Kent Tekulve recovering after heart transplant
- Steelers veteran defenders want young teammates to step up
- New approach on offense has Pirates in playoff contention this season
- Liberty seeks sewage system purchase proposals
- War of words goes on at East Allegheny
- Wheel separation incidents occasionally prove deadly; NTSB doesn’t track them
- Steelers’ Brown combats disruptive defensive ploys
- Pitt football coach Chryst refutes analyst Wannstedt’s opinion
- Clairton banking on City Hall ATM machine
- Solicitor settles in at W. Oak
- Gambling ring trials continued