“Freedom still thrives in this country and we are not about to surrender our liberties and our heritage by going overboard in pursuit of safety.”
— Boston Globe columnist Jeff Jacoby, on the proper response to the Boston Marathon bombings.
“Now do you think we need a death penalty here in Massachusetts?”
— Boston Herald columnist Howie Carr, on “the only justice” for the Boston bomber.
“‘Global warming' begat ‘climate change,' which eventually begat ‘climate chaos,' once tornadoes, hurricanes and tsunamis had to be enlisted in the good fight — given that there was no proof of rising temperatures in the last decade, and even the specter of melting polar ice caps, rising seas and drowning polar bears had not proved enough to scare the public into banning coal or enacting cap-and-trade.”
— Victor Davis Hanson, writing in National Review Online.
“(T)he number of people hit by ObamaCare's Medicare surcharge will double every 16 years.”
— John Merline, writing in Investor's Business Daily
“Like a determined housewife faced with domestic anarchy, she went about setting the country right.”
— Christina Hoff Sommer, writing in The American, on the legacy of Margaret Thatcher.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Snow expected to taper off in Pittsburgh by mid-afternoon
- Hampton grad’s return from injury buoys La Roche College womens soccer
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Penn Hills relishes conference title, reflects on season
- South Fayette boys soccer established among WPIAL’s best
- Game Commission enters battle between hunters, Penn Hills residents
- Murrysville accepts Sardis Park
- Brentwood’s Conroy shares top conference award on defense
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Tree decorating set in Glen Osborne, other events planned
- Life-skills classroom could keep special-education students in Plum