This week @ the World Affairs Council
• Jürgen Trittin, member of Germany's Bundestag and chairman of the Parliamentary Group Alliance 90, on what Germany and the United States can learn from each other from the shale gas revolution. Discussion and luncheon. Wednesday, noon, the Duquesne Club, 325 Sixth Ave., Pittsburgh.
• Ryszard Schnepf, Poland's ambassador to the United States, on what lies ahead as Poland plans to formally adopt the euro and on U.S.-Poland security relations. Discussion and luncheon. Friday, noon, at the Duquesne Club.
For more information on these and other programs, contact the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh (412-281-1259 or worldpittsburgh.org).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers sign 7th-rounder Holliman
- Steelers nose tackle McCullers finds performance, fitness go hand in hand
- Chesney fans flood the North Shore
- Outdoor notices: May 31, 2015
- Hurdle takes responsibility for mistakes that ended Pirates’ 7-game win streak
- CBS’ Bob Schieffer is ready for retirement
- Soap Summary: Siblings Lulu and Nikolas commiserate over upsetting events
- Construction worker dies in Wilkinsburg
- Mars doubles partners want more after getting PIAA bronze
- Lightning hits Rostraver home; child hurt
- ‘Two-party stranglehold’ on debates in group’s sights