This week @ the World Affairs Council
• Jürgen Trittin, member of Germany's Bundestag and chairman of the Parliamentary Group Alliance 90, on what Germany and the United States can learn from each other from the shale gas revolution. Discussion and luncheon. Wednesday, noon, the Duquesne Club, 325 Sixth Ave., Pittsburgh.
• Ryszard Schnepf, Poland's ambassador to the United States, on what lies ahead as Poland plans to formally adopt the euro and on U.S.-Poland security relations. Discussion and luncheon. Friday, noon, at the Duquesne Club.
For more information on these and other programs, contact the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh (412-281-1259 or worldpittsburgh.org).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police charge New Florence man in St. Clair officer’s killing
- Fatal HOV lane crash in Ross under investigation
- Penn State coach fires offensive coordinator
- New Kensington man killed in North Buffalo crash
- Outdoors notices: Nov. 30, 2015
- Travelers advised to arrive 2 hours early for flights from Pittsburgh International Airport
- Outdoors notebook: Multiyear license buyers fish more often
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Man surrenders after standoff in Middle Hill
- Indiana Twp. liver transplant recipient, 2, takes steps toward normal life
- Anti-drug agencies find key ally in battling overdoses: Addicts