This week @ the World Affairs Council
• Jürgen Trittin, member of Germany's Bundestag and chairman of the Parliamentary Group Alliance 90, on what Germany and the United States can learn from each other from the shale gas revolution. Discussion and luncheon. Wednesday, noon, the Duquesne Club, 325 Sixth Ave., Pittsburgh.
• Ryszard Schnepf, Poland's ambassador to the United States, on what lies ahead as Poland plans to formally adopt the euro and on U.S.-Poland security relations. Discussion and luncheon. Friday, noon, at the Duquesne Club.
For more information on these and other programs, contact the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh (412-281-1259 or worldpittsburgh.org).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Before leak, NSA mulled ending phone program
- Simple question: What has Hillary accomplished?
- Penguins notebook: Five defensemen dress against San Jose
- West Virginia continues WNIT run, advances to semifinals
- More Parkway West closures planned this week
- Pirates notebook: Decker leaves game with calf injury
- Duke returns to Final Four with win over Gonzaga
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of union retirees’ pensions
- Editorial cartoons March 30-April 5, 2015
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded