This week @ the World Affairs Council
• Jürgen Trittin, member of Germany's Bundestag and chairman of the Parliamentary Group Alliance 90, on what Germany and the United States can learn from each other from the shale gas revolution. Discussion and luncheon. Wednesday, noon, the Duquesne Club, 325 Sixth Ave., Pittsburgh.
• Ryszard Schnepf, Poland's ambassador to the United States, on what lies ahead as Poland plans to formally adopt the euro and on U.S.-Poland security relations. Discussion and luncheon. Friday, noon, at the Duquesne Club.
For more information on these and other programs, contact the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh (412-281-1259 or worldpittsburgh.org).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Safety worries prompt PennDOT to order nighttime closures on Parkway West
- Dallas hospital officials confirm 1st Ebola case diagnosed in U.S.
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Pittsburgh rallies for second year of Pirates magic
- Police find pipe bombs in woods during manhunt for suspect in trooper ambush
- Public station WQED cutting staff in face of financial woes
- Flash!: Art on Fire; The Gatsby Gala
- Woman charged with theft of ring from store at Indiana Mall
- Chief says Youngwood house fire is suspicious