This week @ the World Affairs Council
• Jürgen Trittin, member of Germany's Bundestag and chairman of the Parliamentary Group Alliance 90, on what Germany and the United States can learn from each other from the shale gas revolution. Discussion and luncheon. Wednesday, noon, the Duquesne Club, 325 Sixth Ave., Pittsburgh.
• Ryszard Schnepf, Poland's ambassador to the United States, on what lies ahead as Poland plans to formally adopt the euro and on U.S.-Poland security relations. Discussion and luncheon. Friday, noon, at the Duquesne Club.
For more information on these and other programs, contact the World Affairs Council of Pittsburgh (412-281-1259 or worldpittsburgh.org).
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt to play Notre Dame 5 times over next 11 seasons
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- Amid struggles, top fiscal executive to leave EDMC
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Grant to help CMU spinoff start production
- Point Breeze couple surprised with 2nd honeymoon by Ellen DeGeneres
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- 8 selected thus far for jury in Ferrante trial
- Hundreds mourn Pittsburgh trash collector killed by gunfire
- GCC’s Zambruno, Sewickley Academy’s Li win PIAA golf titles
- Judge makes August Wilson center sale official