“Loyalty, in crime as in politics, is often sold short.”
— Wes Pruden, editor emeritus of The Washington Times.
“Unlike his predecessor Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, (new Iranian President Hassan) Rowhani is not known for making incendiary and violent statements. But that may be a sign he intends to sweet-talk the West into lifting sanctions while giving nothing in return. The West's gullible leaders, President Obama in particular, and a business-hungry Europe anxious for trade deals might reward him for the change in tone.”
— from an editorial in Investor's Business Daily.
“The decision ... is a great example of how conservatives can be distracted by squirrels running past.”
— J. Christian Adams, writing at pjmedia.com, on the Supreme Court ruling invalidating citizen-verification requirements in Arizona for those using the federal registration form. Mr. Adams says the ruling preserves the right to still check for citizenship because Arizona can promote the state registration form instead.
“State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said she was ‘not sure' whether the Taliban is designated as a terrorist organization when a reporter pressed her on negotiations between the United States and the Islamist group during Tuesday's press briefing.”
— Meredith Dake, writing on Breitbart.com. Ms. Psaki's statement came within hours of a Taliban attack that killed four American soldiers in Afghanistan.
“Given the evidence so far revealed, the AG will likely resign in the dead of night on the Friday of the Labor Day weekend this September. He will try to disappear like smoke through the keyhole, but it would be nice if the Republicans could show him where the door is by convening impeachment hearings; the public deserves to know if their attorney general is a crook.”
— Dexter Wright, in the American Thinker, writing on Eric Holder.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- How to read books in the digital age
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- Cambodian students answer Oakmont group’s prayers
- Truck drivers taken to hospital after Pa. Turnpike crash in Butler County