“Loyalty, in crime as in politics, is often sold short.”
— Wes Pruden, editor emeritus of The Washington Times.
“Unlike his predecessor Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, (new Iranian President Hassan) Rowhani is not known for making incendiary and violent statements. But that may be a sign he intends to sweet-talk the West into lifting sanctions while giving nothing in return. The West's gullible leaders, President Obama in particular, and a business-hungry Europe anxious for trade deals might reward him for the change in tone.”
— from an editorial in Investor's Business Daily.
“The decision ... is a great example of how conservatives can be distracted by squirrels running past.”
— J. Christian Adams, writing at pjmedia.com, on the Supreme Court ruling invalidating citizen-verification requirements in Arizona for those using the federal registration form. Mr. Adams says the ruling preserves the right to still check for citizenship because Arizona can promote the state registration form instead.
“State Department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said she was ‘not sure' whether the Taliban is designated as a terrorist organization when a reporter pressed her on negotiations between the United States and the Islamist group during Tuesday's press briefing.”
— Meredith Dake, writing on Breitbart.com. Ms. Psaki's statement came within hours of a Taliban attack that killed four American soldiers in Afghanistan.
“Given the evidence so far revealed, the AG will likely resign in the dead of night on the Friday of the Labor Day weekend this September. He will try to disappear like smoke through the keyhole, but it would be nice if the Republicans could show him where the door is by convening impeachment hearings; the public deserves to know if their attorney general is a crook.”
— Dexter Wright, in the American Thinker, writing on Eric Holder.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ray Rice wins appeal, suspension vacated
- UPMC researcher died of acute cyanide poisoning, medical examiner says
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Photo of suspect in Greendale Tavern burglary/fire released
- No decision yet on charges against elderly driver who struck and killed pregnant woman
- Witnesses help identify 2nd teen charged in killing Andre Roberts
- Police still looking for man suspected of robbing 2 people at knifepoint in Ambridge
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Northern Cambria man accused of attempted rape
- Earlier openings make Black Friday shopping easier for bargain-hunters
- Ex-House Democratic leader DeWeese seeks new trial