School & obesity II
I got sick to my stomach while reading Jon Wehner's letter “Obesity overreach.”
Is there any question or doubt as to how far government is intruding into our lives? How long before it tells us all what to eat, how much to eat and what we cannot eat?
This 8-year-old child was told by her public school that she is 1 percent over the body mass index for her age and at great risk for serious health problems. How frightening is that to a small child?
Would the school prefer she be bulimic or anorexic? Isn't that what parents are for — to determine what their children should eat and how much?
The way things are going, children will be removed from their homes and raised by our socialist government from birth.
Mary Ann Badar
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fights reported, shots fired outside Monroeville Mall restaurant
- Defense shines in Pitt football spring game
- Lawsuit: Pittsburgh Public Schools should have known officer was abusing boys
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Butler Township eyes business growth spurt
- Despite proposed closings, Butler Area school costs could grow
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- ‘ChildFirst’ helps victims, Butler police
- Stockdale VFD oldies dance returns with new format
- Failed oil venture ties John Wilkes Booth to Butler County
- New Mars superintendent kept tabs on district’s successes