Thank you to all the people of the Connellsville area who came out recently to The Ice Mine to see the fundraising game between the Ice Miners Alumni and coaches and the Pittsburgh Celebrity Hockey Team. It was my first game with the Pittsburgh team and my first time at this rink.
I was so impressed with how warmly we were welcomed by the Ice Miners Amateur Hockey Association — from the water and Gatorade in the locker room to the lovely spread of food afterward (by Hartsek Family Catering — what great fried chicken).
If you haven't checked out this facility and classy organization, you should. Maybe even make a donation.
I wish them the best and look forward to coming back.
Bob Batz Jr.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- 2 injured in Strip District shooting
- FDA’s revised serving sizes on nutrition labels might backfire as endorsement
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- Celebration marks 100 years for South Side Market House
- Man gets probation for sex with teen girl in New Kensington
- New Orleans slow to heal 10 years after Hurricane Katrina
- Greensburg man charged with terroristic threats
- Philly-area school district says it can’t make payroll amid budget stalemate
- ATI picketer injured at Harrison mill