Not for haters
Published: Tuesday, December 4, 2012, 8:52 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Not for haters
It's that time of the year again. Yes, it's time for all the Christian-haters to slither out from under their rocks and bring lawsuits against anything that has to do with Christmas.
Bringing lawsuits against manger scenes, pressuring schools to have “holiday” programs and “holiday” recess and intimidating politicians to declare “Sparkle Season” and “The Unity Tree” are all parts of their plan to destroy Christmas.
They also proclaim that Christ's birth is just a myth and should not be celebrated. Therefore, I ask these zealots to do the following.
Since, according to them, Christmas never happened, they should not take part in any Christmas sales or take Christmas off, and if they are fortunate enough to get a Christmas bonus, they should turn it down.
They of course will not do this, because they are cowards. But in the spirit of the season, I will still wish them a merry and blessed Christmas.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Tea party protesters target Pittsburgh federal building
- Judge: Stop feeding the voters
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Sheriff called to Newlonsburg polling place over campaign literature
- Blowing late lead not a good sign for Penguins
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Pittsburgh mayor’s race looks to be in the hands of only a few voters
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
What an odd letter. “In the spirit of the season”, the author goes off on a diatribe about haters, cowards, zealots, destroyers,and intimidators, while arguing that everyone must celebrate Dec 25th in exactly one way. There is no war on Christmas. Just relax and enjoy your holiday. Peace on Earth, goodwill to men, or did you forget that part?