In tragedy’s wake II
Published: Friday, December 7, 2012, 8:56 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
OK, I have heard enough from the negative side of the public concerning Maddox Derkosh, the 2-year-old fatally mauled by African painted dogs at the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium. Think back, all of you who have children, and tell me you have never lifted your child up on that railing to get a better view. I know I (when my kids were younger) had done it numerous times. So stop, stop, stop blaming Maddox's mom.
This was a tragic accident and there is no blame to be placed anywhere. I love the fact that the public (the majority) has come forward with the Trucks for Maddox campaign and I hold the Derkosh family in my prayers for peace. Now, negative people, stop with your comments and let them heal!
Debra A. Fisher
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Crews dig through night after Oklahoma twister kills at least 51
- Pitt baseball team has a lot at stake
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- Heart patients accuse Excela of conspiracy
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Senators exude confidence after stirring Game 3 victory
- Nemacolin casino offers way to skirt entrance fee
- Police: Man had drugs in backpack at school
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.