Warning to senators
Warning to senators
To remind U.S. Sen. Bob Casey and U.S. Sen. Pat Toomey of a few things:
• The Second Amendment clearly states that “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
• Remember when Bill Clinton was president? There was a massive turnover in Congress because of the very unpopular, unwanted and mislabeled “assault weapons” ban.
• If you value your job, vote against anything that would restrict or hinder our God-given right to bear arms, including the so-called “nuclear option.”
• Do what's right; vote for freedom, not a feel-good measure that will only criminalize law-abiding citizens.
• Remember, your job is on the line.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Out of ‘other people’s money’
- Getting bad advice
- Care for our children first
- Obama’s VA
- Not one more drop
- HUD & Larimer
- Indoctrination, not education
- Corbett better choice
- Banding helps birds
- Buffer zones needed I
- Ex-Im & Westinghouse