Regarding the news story “Insurance company cancels auction of slain Penn Hills officer's car” (Jan. 30 and TribLIVE.com): I am a police officer and can't believe that the insurance company would even consider auctioning off this vehicle.
I am glad it reconsidered, but I also think that the car's windshield should be donated. Those bullet holes leave me with a lasting impression of how dangerous this job that I love doing can be.
Every day I come home is one day closer to retirement. I really love what I do every day.
The writer is a Shaler patrolman.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates showing interest in starting pitcher Masterson
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger remains in concussion protocol
- CPR helps revive Heinz Field worker with cardiac arrest
- Monessen lawyer disbarred by state disciplinary board
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Starkey: Tomlin lived in his fears
- Pitt’s Whitehead, Ollison grab ACC rookie of the year awards
- Agreement on Scaife personal information clears way for will dispute to proceed
- In letter to Congress, former national security experts back settling Syrian refugees
- Kane turns to former Maryland attorney general to lead porn email probe
- Increasing player salaries pinch financial flexibility of Pirates