Published: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
On Jan. 18, a lit fireplace in the office of my plumbing business on Penn Avenue in the Strip caused the second floor of my building to catch fire. After I noticed thick smoke in the office as well as smoke exiting the roof, I notified my alarm company and it immediately called the Pittsburgh Fire Bureau's Station No. 6.
Within minutes, these brave men arrived. The chief and firefighters immediately approached me. Right away, I knew I was in good hands! They demonstrated the utmost respect and concern for my property with advanced professionalism.
Thanks to them, only minimal damage was done and the blaze was quickly extinguished. I could not have been more impressed with the way the entire City of Pittsburgh staff conducted themselves. From the firefighters to the arson squad to the paramedics and police, they all handled the problem as consummate professionals, and I have gained newfound admiration for their level of work.
I am most grateful for the fact that none of these brave men and women was harmed! I thank you all so much for reacting quickly and saving my building and surrounding buildings!
The writer owns DiNucci Plumbing Inc.
- Oppose Common Core
- IRS ‘useful idiots’
- Conservatives have no solutions
- Say yes to FLAG
- Built-in bias
- Sacrament, not style
- BSA’s constitutional right
- Buck stops at top
- Nasser misleading
- Country broken The people who …
- Multiple Bibles: It’s OK
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.