TribLIVE

| Opinion/The Review


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Consummate professionals

Daily Photo Galleries

Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
 

Consummate professionals

On Jan. 18, a lit fireplace in the office of my plumbing business on Penn Avenue in the Strip caused the second floor of my building to catch fire. After I noticed thick smoke in the office as well as smoke exiting the roof, I notified my alarm company and it immediately called the Pittsburgh Fire Bureau's Station No. 6.

Within minutes, these brave men arrived. The chief and firefighters immediately approached me. Right away, I knew I was in good hands! They demonstrated the utmost respect and concern for my property with advanced professionalism.

Thanks to them, only minimal damage was done and the blaze was quickly extinguished. I could not have been more impressed with the way the entire City of Pittsburgh staff conducted themselves. From the firefighters to the arson squad to the paramedics and police, they all handled the problem as consummate professionals, and I have gained newfound admiration for their level of work.

I am most grateful for the fact that none of these brave men and women was harmed! I thank you all so much for reacting quickly and saving my building and surrounding buildings!

Jim DiNucci

The writer owns DiNucci Plumbing Inc.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Letters

  1. ‘And another thing...’
  2. What happened to manners?
  3. Appreciating the Trib I
  4. Shame on Leechburg Area
  5. Already lying
  6. Appreciating the Trib II
  7. God smiled on get-together
  8. LED sign: Negative ad
  9. Self-serving & corrupt
  10. Drinking & children
  11. Bring back ‘eagle cam’
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.