The photo with The Associated Press news story “Obama a skeet shooter? See new White House photo” (Feb. 3 and TribLIVE.com) carried a White House warning that it “may not be manipulated in any way.” To not risk an executive order mandating a 10-day Photoshop wait, here's a list of captions instead.
• President demonstrates ObamaCare death-panel operation.
• Vice-president's verbal gaffes often cause the president to overreact.
• President personally tests each “Fast and Furious” firearm.
• Neutralizing the grave threat of incandescent light bulbs.
• The president also wears this hearing protection during discussions of spending cuts.
• Tired of being National Defense Authorization Act judge and jury, the president tries being executioner.
• Cause of Hillary Clinton's head injury revealed.
• After skeet-shooting, the Nobel Peace Prize-winning president often operates Afghan drones.
• President instructs TSA personnel on handling those “don't touch my junk” travelers.
• President Obama secretly borrows the Constitution for undisclosed personal use.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Control borders
- Fighting for Ford City II
- Liberals & illegals
- Warming’s evidence clear
- Protesters not law-abiding
- Library funds
- Fighting for Ford City I
- PNC: New roles for helpers
- Challenging cops stupid