Left's turn against NASCAR
NASCAR has announced that its April 13 Sprint Cup Series race in Texas will be renamed and sponsored by the NRA. OK. This should be the end of it, but once again, the left has made something it does not agree with into some sort of controversial issue.
If I did not understand the progressive movement and the mainstream media so well, I would be dumbfounded as to why this is an issue. If NASCAR named a race the “Prius 500” or “Wind Energy Works 450,” the anti-American left would be fine. But, since the left hates the NRA almost as much as it hates God, it has made the comparison of law-abiding citizens to a serial killer.
The NRA had nothing to do with Sandy Hook or any other mass shooting, not to mention that NASCAR, conservative principles and the Second Amendment go hand-in-hand.
This has nothing to do with NASCAR or the NRA. This has to do with the progressive movement and its desire to control all of society.
Now, since the leader of the soon-to-not-be-free world is their progressive deity, leftists think the entire country believes in their autocratic European model. We do not. We will never let them destroy this country. Don't tread on me.
Justin J. Bandurski
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Struggling Pirates SS Mercer finding himself out on infield’s left side
- Pa. commission dismisses ethics complaints against West Deer officials
- Steelers offensive line targeting injury-free performance as key
- Steelers’ Heyward looking to stay for long haul
- Starkey: Patriots’ legacy forever stained
- Westmoreland used car dealers indicted in fraud
- Suspect in killings of wealthy DC family arrested
- Developer hopes to make Allegheny Center a tech hub
- Shaler girls lacrosse wins 3rd straight title; Quaker Valley takes D-I
- Plum witnesses seen entering grand jury building in Dormont
- Lawyers for convicted killer Smyrnes want info about death row