Show respect for cemeteries
I am very upset with the way people treat cemeteries. They are not playgrounds. They're not a track for people to jog or walk. And most of all, they're not a dog park.
I am sick and tired of going to Union Cemetery in Arnold and seeing kids playing ball, running over graves and jumping over headstones. People walk or jog while I'm driving to a gravesite and they won't move to the side.
It really bothers me that people walk their dogs in the cemetery and let them run loose. You have to watch where you walk because of the dog poop on the graves.
We put our loved ones to rest there. We pay our respects and fix up those gravesites so that they look nice. Yet people disrespect our property. We paid for that piece of land for our loved ones. This is trespassing.
How would people like it if this happened in their yard at home? They wouldn't be happy. So why do they treat a gravesite any differently?
Please show our loved ones respect and stop using the cemetery as a public park.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wrong-way driver causes head-on crash in Center
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Couple attempts theft at North Huntingdon Walmart
- Man taken to hospital after New Alexandria house burns
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- Pirates notebook: Substance rule a sticky subject
- Kennywood fanatic, 82, rides Jack Rabbit 95 times in a row
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Gameday: Pirates vs. Marlins, May 25, 2014
- Cochran repair center planned in Harrison