Just doing its job
When will the permanently indignant tea partyers quit their whining? First, it was “Obama wasn't born here,” then it was “Obama is a Muslim.” Now, they are whining because the IRS was doing its job? Their organizations are nothing but political organizations and do not deserve any type of tax-exempt status.
Americans should applaud the IRS for making sure the people funding the tea party aren't getting credit for charitable donations on their taxes. We've got enough tax cheaters already, like the multinational corporations that pay zero taxes and the Mitt Romneys who pay 14 percent.
Right-wingers in America better come to grips with the fact that this world is changing, this nation is changing, and their paranoid mistrust of anything they don't understand is dragging this society down.
The writer, a Democrat, is a former Westmoreland County commissioner.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stress and pain relief is offered at Mt. Pleasant site
- Adrian man sentenced to 10 years in prison for sex crimes
- Bubble players get last chance to impress Steelers
- Butler County men waive most theft charges to trial
- Pa. business interests decry EPA ozone proposal as economic albatross
- Asking price for Penguins franchise said to be at a record $750M
- Pittsburgh schools scramble for money amid Pa. budget impasse
- Fourth youth implicates Somerset priest in sexual abuse, prosecutors claim
- Wolf nominates former revenue colleague to Pennsylvania Turnpike post
- Company supplies industry worldwide with products made in South Buffalo
- Steelers accomplish mission to get younger, faster on defense