Traveling by Jeep, boat and foot, Tribune-Review investigative reporter Carl Prine and photojournalist Justin Merriman covered nearly 2,000 miles over two months along the border with Mexico to report on coyotes — the human traffickers who bring illegal immigrants into the United States. Most are Americans working for money and/or drugs. This series reports how their operations have a major impact on life for residents and the environment along the border — and beyond.
Letter to the Editor
Monday, July 1, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
A recent letter writer extended the seemingly noble suggestion that “liberal wingnuts” and “conservative wingnuts” could find common ground, join hands and sing “Kumbaya.”
I don't think so. Here's why:
• This country was founded upon and became great because of a profound and unabashed belief in God, Judeo-Christian values, a powerful Constitution, just laws and the freedom of it's people. The liberal wingnuts want to rid the country of God, routinely trash the Constitution and break laws, as demonstrated by the numerous recent scandals.
• Liberals believe in the slaughter of unborn babies up until the expected day of birth.
• They not only want sodomy to be accepted, but praise and reward those who practice it.
• Their so-called “social justice” initiatives have destroyed the traditional black family and are on track to destroy this country's traditional nuclear family.
• Liberals have attacked the religious freedoms of Christians in general and Catholics in particular.
• This administration has infringed our freedom by selectively harassing conservative organizations and monitoring citizens' email and phone calls.
I am a staunch Christian, patriotic, God-fearing conservative “wingnut,” and there is nothing here upon which I will ever compromise. I believe the liberal wingnuts are destroying the very fabric of this country and the freedom of its people. I want nothing to do with them.
Liberals are the problem. Liberals complain about the so-called gridlock in Congress, but it's the only thing that has kept us from completely succumbing to their evil agenda.
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
A division of Trib Total Media is your one-stop-shop for all of your branded merchandise needs.
We specialize in providing quality affordable promotional products for every type of business including non-profits, schools, universities, sports teams and more. With 1000’s of products to choose from, our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect apparel item or product to suit your needs and budget.
Why use TPSolutions?
• Quality, brand name, screen printed and embroidered apparel
• Competitive prices
• Free design services
• Volume and non-profit discounts available
• Quick turn around
We offer a wide variety of traditional and new digital advertising options customized to fit your needs!
Whether you're just starting out, or you've been a keystone in the community for years, our knowledgeable staff can provide you with a customized package including online banners/advertisements, Social Media Marketing (Facebook / Twitter), Website development, Search Engine Optimization, Email Marketing solutions and much more!
Contact your local sales rep today for details, personalized proposal and a meeting to discuss how we can meet your needs.