Stealing from vets
Published: Saturday, July 20, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
On July 2, on our front sidewalk, we had two white boxes and one small cardboard box for the Vietnam Veterans Association to pick up. Someone decided that they would help themselves to the boxes and took them.
My wife and I support veterans all of the time. I pray that whoever took those boxes really needed what was inside.
The veterans could have used it. There was a sign on the boxes noting they were for the veterans association.
The pickup people came that afternoon and asked where the pickup was.
What a disappointment to us when we found out they did not get the boxes.
The Rev. Madison & June Stringfellow
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers defense’s rapid decline looks similar to that of Steel Curtain’s
- Starkey: NHL stuck in stone age
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger comes to Haley defense again
- Pirates general manager Huntington is searching for right player, deal
- Pirates notebook: Polanco ruled out as Opening Day option
- Help on deck to help Jeannette deal with Monsour, nearby buildings
- Penguins’ Neal apologizes, vows to be better
- Likely $2.3B influx puts PennDOT big-ticket road projects in play
- Highmark health plan enrollment skyrockets from Healthcare.gov
- Woodley says he’s fine with move to right side despite numbers
- McKeesport center part of Cal’s digital storytelling class project