Board, parents deserve thanks
Thank you to the Leechburg Area School Board members who voted against joining the Heritage Conference to remain in the WPIAL. They got the facts, saw that there were no benefits, used common sense and made a decision.
Parents, student-athletes and fans truly appreciate the decision to rescind the previous action. It would have caused more harm than good for all concerned with Leechburg Area sports.
This action also shows a determined group of parents concerned for their children's welfare can influence a governing body's decision. The parents provided information not previously considered. This can occur not only with sports, but with other concerns in your school district or municipality.
This is a lesson to keep abreast of what is happening so that you can act before it's too late.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Westinghouse assistant coach placed on leave
- Steelers trade 6th-round pick for Jaguars kicker Scobee
- Steelers trim roster to 75
- Steelers WR Bryant’s suspension upheld
- Aliquippa RB Bronaugh to miss season after cancer diagnosis
- McKinley backers balk over mountain’s name change
- Gameday: Pirates at Brewers, Sept. 1, 2015
- Hampton Fields Village resident celebrates 100th birthday with family, friends
- Injured DT Render missing from Pitt depth chart
- Biden to visit Pittsburgh on Labor Day
- LaBar: Sting making history fighting for WWE title