Not 'Affordable Care'
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2013, 9:00 p.m.
Not ‘Affordable Care'
I have a couple of questions for the Obamatons who thought that they were going to get reduced-cost or even free health care insurance because of the “Affordable” Care Act, cheered at its passing and lauded the fact that it was supposedly upheld by the Supreme Court.
• What are you going to do when you use that wonderful insurance and the hospital staff tells you that you're going to have to pay that large co-pay?
• How about when you get the bill for the 20 percent of the total cost of your care? Are you going to pay up? Will you have the money?
• If the answer to the last question is no, do you know who will come knocking on your door to collect? The IRS, which has the power to withhold your income tax return or maybe your Social Security or SSI check.
This may not be happening right now, but you know it will be. Also, now that the ACA is supposedly the law of the land, hospitals and doctors are going to start cutting costs by reducing the amount of testing they do. Unnecessary testing — you know, the testing they do and come across previously undetected ailments and diseases because you didn't have any symptoms.
Ah, no big deal. You're healthy. Right? Good luck!
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Delinquents often the working poor
- More overreach
- Christians must vote
- Legacy: All lose
- Forgetting troops
- Roenigk stands for safety
- Unconstitutional funding
- Mayors & guns
- Harrison Township: Garbageville
- Praise undeserved
- Arbitrary & chaotic