Working for their communities
So many people express their hateful views in the letters section of the VND and I think we often lose focus on the people in our communities who do good and care about their towns.
Bill Godfrey is one who donates his time and effort to make Natrona a better place to live.
In my younger days, Natrona was known for spotless housekeepers and great ethnic cooks. I had many friends there whom I respected and had many good times in Natrona.
Like many older communities in the area, parents and friends die or move and houses age. New people arrive and don't know about the pride the people who lived in these communities had for them.
I'm a native of West Tarentum, so I witnessed this firsthand.
Godfrey, a fantastic artist, believes that making the town a better place to live is doable. I hope people recognize this, back his efforts and share his visions.
In Brackenridge, Mayor Tom Kish is another who believes in the betterment of his community. And Tarentum Borough Manager Bill Rossey cares deeply about the town and hopes to bring vitality and businesses back to our area.
I'm proud to call these gentlemen friends and hope they get the public support they so richly deserve.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade for Mariners LHP Happ, Dodgers 1B/OF Morse
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures
- Pirates place Burnett on 15-day disabled list
- Hurdle: Soria likely to assume setup role with Watson
- Armstrong escapee caught; murder charges pending
- Gameday: Pirates at Cincinnati, Aug. 1, 2015
- Police: Lincoln-Lemington burglary suspect shoots self during foot chase with police
- MLB notebook: Mets boost lineup, acquire Cespedes from Tigers
- Allegheny County DA’s office: Photo of pair with gun evidence violates protocol
- Heyl: Longtime disc jockey Jimmy Roach to turn dismissal into brighter times
- West Kittanning church marks 100 years of ups and downs