Wrong on Christians
Regarding the James Illinsky letter “Not very ‘Christian'” (Nov. 19): He should not have a negative attitude toward the Christians nor any Christian church.
There are good Christians volunteering to help the less fortunate through the Salvation Army, the Red Cross, our food banks, Meals on Wheels and the Peace Corps. The homeless are fed and sheltered all of the time, not just at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
We should be thankful and appreciative of the many people who do God's work. There are churches providing free weekly dinners and church stores that provide clothing to the poor.
Please see the good that people do and do not judge so negatively. Give these people credit and admiration. They are like angels.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins
- Red Wings rally, shock Penguins in overtime
- Rossi: Middling Steelers must make a statement
- Report linking field surface to cancer elicits Mt. Lebanon protest
- Steelers free safety Mitchell is still settling into role on defense
- Steelers’ Adams delivers in pinch against Texans
- Former Ligonier Township supervisor accused of abusing position, viewing porn on the job
- House has Pitt defense trending in right direction
- Queen sends first tweet, signed ‘Elizabeth R’
- Man shot, killed after leaving Elliott bar early Friday
- Ferrante cyanide trial to resume Friday with doctors, investigators on stand