Unreasonable 300 percent
The letter “New sewer fee not unreasonable” (Dec. 3), by Anthony Buyny, states that the new sewage recovery fee increase proposed by East Vandergrift is not unreasonable. I would ask Mr. Buyny to come and look at some of my credit card bills and utility bills. If someone told him he would be forced to pay these bills at 300 percent more than he's paying now, what would he do?
What would council do if it had to pay a 300 percent increase in any of its bills?
As for not staying for the whole meeting, it was just a rehash of everything they have said before. What, you don't think I wasn't told what went on?
The meeting on Aug. 19 told us nothing. It is the same old story over and over again with the council in this town.
It is time for changes in town council. We should kick out all these people and put in new members. Like the story of old, I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.
Daniel T. Serena
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sunoco wants to rebuild station in Greensburg
- 2 killed in East Huntingdon crash
- Rostraver police warn residents to lock doors after home invasion
- Dollar Bank says URA didn’t talk about restrictions on use of August Wilson Center
- Volkswagen crashes through convenience store in Aliquippa
- Police: Westmoreland women stole thousands to pay for dog show hobby
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Pittsburgh council confirms new public safety chief, budget director
- West Mifflin Legion captures Region 6 title, advances to state tournament
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Deal to improve veterans’ health care costs $17B