In response to Robert Engel's letter “Hero at rest” in which he says to the late Nelson Mandela, “Rest in peace, hero. Rest in peace,” my letter goes like this: May you not rest in peace, terrorist. May you not rest in peace.
The only ones who should be allowed to rest in peace are the innocent victims who were murdered, tortured or blown up by the communist terrorist leader Nelson Mandela.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers clinch playoff berth with win over Chiefs
- Diane Stafford: Consider digital footprint
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Fatal fire under investigation in New Castle
- Lifesaving risks: Thorough evaluations coming for potential organ donors
- Police investigate alleged institutional sexual assault at Pine youth treatment center
- Groom cited at Farmington wedding reception being filmed for reality TV show
- Energy sector adjusts to global oil plummet
- Car wash explosion, fire injures 2 in McDonald
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job