10 year-end truths
As another year comes to an uncertain end, here are 10 things every American needs to know, but probably doesn't:
1. We cannot depend on government institutions to take care of us. The Fed, ObamaCare, Congress, etc., are all bureaucratic by nature and have no hope of successfully dealing with the mercurial complexities of everyday life.
2. The media are populated by those who were always reading books or writing term papers in school. They can write and speak with amazing skill. The only problem is that they don't know what they are talking about — not enough real-life experience.
3. Rednecks are not stupid; they just talk funny. Check out “Duck Dynasty.”
4. Business people are good people. They go to work every day to make all the things the rest of us like.
5. Corporations are good things. They're how business people organize themselves to make all those things.
6. Workers are great people, but don't confuse them with unions — two totally different things.
7. Most, not all, of our schools are a mess. We really need to fix that. The cost of failure is just too high.
8. God is real. If you don't understand that yet, get to work! You are missing out on a life of hope, love and joy. And there is no one to blame but yourself.
9. We must have freedom to unleash our skills and solve our problems. No one else can do it for us.
10. I hope these newfound truths help you to have a truly happy, prosperous new year!
Richard J. Krauland
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Lives that matter
- False bravado & moral indignation
- State money wasted
- Open or give back
- None like him
- Worth the wait
- Happy birthday, Jesus
- Liberals & illegals
- Warming’s evidence clear
- Challenging cops stupid
- Control borders