Obama & Christie
Let me see if I've got this straight. To name just a few of the numerous scandals that someone in the Obama administration is responsible for:
• The “Fast and Furious” scandal, in which guns were sent to Mexico and ended up killing at least one American and an untold number of Mexicans.
• The IRS selectively sorting out, auditing and harassing organizations that worked against Obama's re-election.
• The NSA listening in and recording telephone and electronic media communications between private citizens.
• The Benghazi disaster, where reinforcements were told to stand down and four Americans were killed.
In these and other scandals, Obama denied any knowledge of them, sometimes saying he just read about them in the paper. That means he is either a totally inept leader or he's lying again.
For the most part, these scandals have faded away unresolved. Few perpetrators were identified, no one was fired and in one case an alleged perpetrator was promoted.
And Obama goes on his merry way to the next Hawaiian vacation or round of golf. No big deal.
But New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie discovers wrongdoing in his administration, then identifies and fires the perpetrator. Then he calls a news conference, accepts responsibility and apologizes profusely to the public.
It has been a top story since it broke earlier this month, a criminal investigation has been initiated and we are being told that his political career has been destroyed.
The scandal? Causing a traffic jam.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- If not now, when?
- Valley’s patriotism amazing
- Muslims & discrimination
- Ferguson & sin
- Put brakes on bike lanes
- Redistribution mechanism
- Overlooked by NCAA
- Including Shanksville
- Knows, supports Corbett
- Backyard fires hazardous
- Corbett’s obstacles